Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bella's Steampunk II: Happy musings!


I wanted to share this GOREJUCE photo taken by ROSS WALDRON last night.

And WOW! What an brilliant night I had at Bella A Go Go's STEAMPUNK II. I've been extremely busy and hectic with the PaperDolls ABSOLUT Fringe production so I was particularly frantic preparing my two acts for this very special event. It's hard wearing lots of creative 'hats' at the same time! I was hit by an insomniatic spell the night before and an upset tummy pre-show, but soon the burlesque-gang-tonic kicked in - that is, hanging out with Bella A Go Go, Lucy Rhinehart, Lilly DeValle, Jonas Wall, Trebor the Borg and all the other brilliant people who were there gave me a fantastic love boost and I went on to have the best time!

Above: Lucy Rhinehart and Lilly DeValle Rehearse their wonderful Edgar Allan Poe 'Raven' act before the show.

Above: Jonas Wall rehearsing his Top Gun act in the Sugar Club and below, performing it!

Photo: Ross Waldron

A spontaneous addition to my Rococo Material Girl act (pictured) went down an absolute treat, even the stage manager Gillian was smiling, and she had to deal with a very messy stage and quite the lengthy clean up. Special K, everywhere, all over the Sugar Club. In ever corner. One in got stuck in my nipple tassel. Afterwards, they poured out of my corset and were trampled around backstage :s

Photo: Mandy O'Neill

Photo: Sneachta Pix

But mostly, I was sooooo happy my Doll on a music box act which really had me pulling out my hair this week, was a great success! I always seem to resort to comedy for fear of not being able to perform 'sexy' genuinely. I truly admire good strip tease artists (Billy Madly and Bella A Go Go are my favourites), but I find it hard to imagine I'm one of them or could be, or sometimes I'm not sure I really care to be... I even thought that last night might be my last rendezvous with burlesque, but as I just said, the people I get to hang out with make me want to continue to create burlesque and cabaret, even if my interest is now traveling elsewhere... We shall see I guess.

Of course my PaperDolls siblings were there in Eccentric Ladies glorious ensemble! People loved them! They looked really stunning in the ball gowns by Lace and Wine and it was so cool to have them there helping me out and strutting their stuff. Hopefully people will remember us and come see our show!

The Fund It campaign is going really well. I am feeling just so excited and positive today, it's great! Seeing how much people are taking an interest and offering their help and support is very happy-making. I just can't exclaim enough how lovely last night was!

No comments:

Post a Comment