Tuesday, July 6, 2010

AVANTI MARIA! on tape...



Oh how I love the cassette. A blue, ecclesiastical Avanti Maria! tape, where I drum up some good shamanistic adoration for Our Lady, with a gorgeous collage inlay designed by myself and the bunny-enthusiast-Kiwi Angeline Chirnside of Jane Austen R.I.P. fame playing some one-note bass and speaking shly about Library Zombies while I shout loudly for soup. Trust me, an experience not to be missed.

Someone once described Avanti Maria! as a friendship gone too far which is quite apt. This is our first and possibly only release, a 5 song E.P. which is full of rumbly goodness if honest I must be. The drumming is somewhere between Party Weirdo and D.N.A., shambolic, tribal and of course, religious (Hah!).

It's only 5 euro and it's available from Road Records in Dublin and via snail mail from me. Email me, owlbusyness@gmail. DO IT SO.

Avanti Maria! are playing a very special night on the 18th July in the Sugar Club. See here for details.

Vacuum packed synths and towel wrapped bass guitars, showing adoration in a welding complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment