Sunday, June 12, 2011

PaperDoll: First Aerial Photoshoot


Impromptu photoshoot with Jym Daly of Fidget Feet, Graphics by Niamh Creely, An Grianan Theatre, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal.

Funny time I'm having here in Letterkenny. A couple of weeks ago I traveled all the way from Dublin to An Grianan for the Crash Cabaret, made a whole ton of friends and was invited back to launch the Earagail Arts Festival yesterday, Donegal's largest annual festival. Conveniently, I was already in Letterkenny as I am taking part in the intensive two week Aerial Dance Forum hosted by Fidget Feet Aerial Dance Company. The course is amazing: 9.30 - 20.30 each day, conditioning and stretching, fabric technique, counter-weight, fabric creative lab, aerial hoop and more conditioning. Next week is aerial yoga, fabric technique and my favourite, corde lisse technique and a creative lab. Perfect timing for our aerial show at Body and Soul!

I looked so pretty after the walkabout launch that I couldn't resist wrangling Jym Daly into taking some aerial and corset photographs - never a wasted opportunity for an impromptu photoshoot! Perfect combination of the style we are creating for 'The Eccentric Ladies of the Woods' at Ballinlough Castle and our aerial heft! A little help from Niamh Creely with the Graphics and I absolutely adore the result. Iconic, don't you think? Perfect for a budding performance company.

No comments:

Post a Comment