Sunday, January 22, 2012

So What?


My "authorial genealogies" never cease popping up. Wanted to share this postcard and image (both have been added to my 'inspiring images' folder) from an article published in the Observer today, 'Angela Carter: A portrait in postcards', available here. I've been glued to Bram Stokers Dracula, after which I'll be revisiting Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, then I'll be picking up Carter's Heroes and Villains. Dracula has almost got my full attention but usually I like to read several books at once, those currently including: S. Reed Brett: Modern Europe 1789-1914 and After, Barbara Ehrenreich and Deirdre English: Witches, midwives, and nurses: A history of women healers, The World's Most Notourious Women (collection of short biographies) and Living Food for Health by Gillian McKeith (more studying than reading). I'm scouring second-hand book stores for good finds and wanted materials - on the look out for a good muscular anatomy reference book too. Many more on the list so... not writing much, but certainly reading much and it suits me fine.  


No comments:

Post a Comment