Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hotpress Magazine


Turns out I am featured in the current Hotpress magazine: Full page image of Double Rainbow and a double hit of the Walrus gent. Photographic products of my ongoing collaboration with photographer Will Eames, great to see them published.

Also featured is the work of Ross Waldron, Bella a Go Go, Postmodern Sleaze, Sedition Inc. and Rioghnach Ni Ghrioghair!

The featured article is by Roe McDermott, a Rocky Horror kid, who does a thorough job of questioning the more complex dynamics of Burlesque theatrics, underneath the playful sexualities explored by Burlesque performers in Dublin. It's a discussion that certainly needs a voice and I am delighted to have contributed to the article. I have also written about my perspectives in Rag magazine, issue 5, available from independent book stores around Dublin city and online.

Personally, I still hold a candle for the energy and vibrancy of the cabaret scene in Dublin. However, in terms of performance possibilities, I would like to see and contribute to the development and expansion of the genre, testing boundaries and exploring new directions, all the while being conscious and engaged.

Maybe the kindly folk at Hotpress will give me and Will a job as they seem to like our work so much... woop!




No comments:

Post a Comment